Street Teams can be an extremely effective way to market your product, brand or service.
Street teams are generally made up of a group of locally connected ‘brand ambassadors’ that specialize in making customer connections, conveying a brand’s talking points, and communicating effectively.
Lucky Marketing’s street teams generally perform a variety of services that include (but are certainly not limited to…)
- Flyer drops at local businesses
- Guerrilla marketing/hitting the street in high foot traffic areas
- Wild postering in a variety of large cities/near large events
- Mobile backpacks and LED equipt mobile backpacks at large festivals and other events
- Costume Characters and character enhanced events – accompanying street teams
- Premium distribution
- Sampling (food, beauty and otherwise!)
- Who you hire matters. A trusted street team partner is an important part of your marketing plan. Your ambassadors are the face of your brand! You only want the best for your brand, product or messaging!
- Find the best events possible in your demographic! Plan, plan and plan before your execution. Send your street teams to areas that you know are relevant to your end goals. For example, do you want to sell more event tickets to your targeted demographic customer? Do a little digging or reach out to a trusted agency for advice! Your event will be more effective in the end and you’ll be glad you did!
- Use well thought-out and engaging printed materials and premiums! Think of your end customer. What will make an impression on them? What will grab their attention? College students for example often prefer to receive a premium over a flyer. Often times, an ink pen, bottle opener, Koozie, or cheap t-shirt can be the beginning of a beautiful long-term relationship with your brand and a college student. If your demographic is in the older range, be sure to make your content straight forward and relevant! Proofread printed materials multiple times prior to printing to build your brand’s reliability. Most of all, listen to your customers. Your best indication of how to gain new customers is often by looking at the customers that you already have!
- Use social media with your campaign! A Social Media campaign tie-in is a great way to enhance engagement for your street team. Lucky’s street teams are able to include facebook campaigns or contests, Instagram tags and/or promote a company’s social media presence during an activation. Make the most of your event by keeping the conversation going by flipping your interactions from the real-world to online!
- Collect feedback and data to use in your next campaign! Reports and data can often be underappreciated. Though it may seem boring or unimportant, collecting data from the field can be one of the most important aspects of street team marketing. Be sure to brainstorm relevant details about your campaign so that all of the information the team collects can be helpful for understanding how the event went and what you’d like to change or repeat for the next activation!
There is no doubt about it, including a street team in your marketing mix can seem like an overwhelming process. Though with careful planning and execution, your plan can yield an incredible return on investment that you will want to repeat time after time.