Social Media wasn’t such a big deal a few years back. Yeah, people used Myspace and maybe even a few of the hip ones were using Facebook, but those of us that are old school still remember ‘Event Speak’ and services such as this. These were the only way that we, members of the ‘events’ industry, had to communicate with one another. Things have changed so much on the social scene since then and we’re all connecting thanks to, you guessed it, social media.
Keeping everyone connected is a difficult task. A few years ago, you really needed to communicate via email and stay in the loop with your fellow event professionals by word of mouth. So which is the best avenue to use when you’re an event professional? Well, it seems that’s not an easy question to answer. Social media experts might say one or another (I.e. Facebook, Linkedin, etc) but we at Lucky 415 believe you should be using them all.
Each Social Media outlet has it’s advantages and many (most) of them are very easy to set up and use. While there are SO many we could list here, we’ve chosen to focus on just a few of our favs.
- It’s FREE! and so easy to use. Upload your pics and gain more exposure for yourself!
- Free and fast collaboration for likeminded individuals!! Since when did it hurt to share you ideas with people and get some great input!
- Visual Business. Need I say more?
- See what your peers are doing
- Did I mention it’s free? and a little addictive..
- The only disadvantage we could think of was: Popularity. With a site like this, we can’t predict how long it will endure.. But who cares?! It’s fun and it’s FREE!!
- EVERYONE and their grandma (literally, my grandma has a facebook) uses facebook. We mean everyone. You can get your messages out there loud and clear with FB.
- It’s also free and relatively easy to use.. especially after you navigate the in’s and out’s.
- It can be tricky to use for some
- Annoying Ads, but this is a minimal disadvantage
- Probably one of the easiest SM sources out there. Get your word out to the masses 140 Char or less at a time!
- Fast and efficient. No need to figure out ‘friends’ on here. Just simply ‘follow back’ out of courtesy.
- Twitpic is fun to use and now integrated right into twitter!
- We just can’t think of any.
- Can you say Network? Networking is made easy with LInkedin. Just being connected to 100 people on Linkedin opens up a network of thousands.
- Makes it easy to stay up to date in industry trends.
- Groups in your industry has active discussions and keep you up to date on the latest trends
- Great for business, meeting new people and getting to know those you currently work with and have worked with in the past.
- Can be time consuming, especially getting your profile setup in the beginning
We love social media here at Lucky 415! There’s no better (or more fun) way for us to stay connected with our awesome brand ambassadors and fantastic clients than sharing our updates, statuses and pictures via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Linkedin! Be sure to check us out and don’t forget to connect!
Sr Account Manager-Lucky415 Marketing and Promotions