I hear it all the time. A new client calls and asks a ton of questions; then they say the following to us: “Sounds easy enough! We’ll just do this ourselves.“
Every single time I hear this, I make a note to myself of the date this client called. Without fail, I will generally hear back 2-4 weeks later, with the headaches and sometimes horror stories, of how poorly their event was executed. Unfortunately DIY event planning often falls apart before it even has the chance to be executed at all.
I urge our new clients to take consider the opportunity cost of using a DIY approach to their marketing plan as it pertains to guerrilla marketing and event staffing. Consequently, by attempting a DIY plan, you run the risk of the need to ‘double up’ on the activation to get the results you seek.
In general hiring an event staffing agency costs less than attempting to create the event within your organization after you take into account the expenses related to time from alternate support departments.
Furthermore, here are the primary reasons you should hire an experienced agency over taking a ‘DIY’ approach.
- We handle all screening, vetting and hiring of our brand ambassadors. We use the same brand ambassadors over and over so we know their individual work ethic and have formed professional working relationships with them. What this translates into is: They trust us. It doesn’t sound like much, but it gives them the peace of mind to focus on their work – getting your activation off the ground.
- We have been in business over 15 years. We have a strong internal database of knowledgeable and experienced staff. That is priceless and it’s on another level compared to social media or using a site like ‘craigslist’.
- We assign an account manager to each client (at no additional charge) that will be your one go-to person for the duration of your event; much easier than communicating with everyone on the team!
- We handle all legal paperwork and accounting procedures for each staff member brought on, you’ll never have to worry about your staff calling you about paychecks or event specific logistics.
- We pay our event staff quickly, with a 2-3 week turnaround. They will not be forced to wait and make their ways through your accounting department’s NET30-45 day system.
- We take the stress out of executing your event. We know the procedures and have a positive reputation in the industry, ensuring only the best brand ambassadors represent you in the field.
If you’re still not convinced, or you’re READY to book your event, give us a call! You’ll be surprised how affordable hiring an agency is. Let us get to work for you!
Chief Operations Officer @ Lucky 415 Marketing & Promotions